Nyiko Floyd Shivambu, is a South African politician serving as a member of parliament for the Economic Freedom Fighters. He was born on 1 January 1983.
10. Floyd Shivambu hails from a very poor background. His parents earned a living selling hand made duvet and pillowcases.
9. He grew up in a rural village of Mahonisi, Malamulele region of Limpopo province without running water or electricity.
8. He earned a bachelor’s degree as well as honors degree in political science and International relations at the University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg.
7. In his third year, he was elected president of the University’s Student Representative Body and joined the African National Congress Youth League.
6. Shivambu changed his academic focus, he initially wanted to be a technician.
5. Shivambu Co-founded the EFF, alongside Malema in 2013. He is a close political ally with Juju malema.
4. He is a masters degree holder with a distinction, in political studies.
3. He is a member of the PAN African Parliament serving in the Rural Economy, Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment Committee.
2. He Co-edited a book with Malema titled The Coming Revolution.
- Spokesperson of African National Congress Youth League (2008–2012)
- SRC President at University of Witwatersrand (2004–2005)
- National Executive of South African Students Congress
- Students Representative of Joint Initiative for Priority Skills Acquisition (2006–2007);
- Board Member of the National Students’ Financial Aid Scheme (2008–2012);
- Member of Parliament for the EFF (2014–present);
- Member of the Pan African Parliament since 2014;