A viral footage physical assault and exchanges of a young woman forcibly taking money from a mlungu has been making rounds on social media. She snatches a cellphone from the man’s pants, which appear to have been pulled down.
The unidentified woman can be seen pressing the man down and searching his pockets and saying “usile”!
Those in the know claim the woman was referring to the man’s refusal to pay for services she allegedly rendered.
But the man replies by saying: “She’s talking nonsense.”
She snatches a cellphone from the man’s pants, which appear to have been pulled down.
After failing to take his bag, the woman eventually manages to snatch some money from the bag before fleeing.
She says as she walks away: “You take me for granted. You think you’ll poke me and never pay me!
“He’s clever this one. He pokes me and never pays.”
The man, who appears to be drunk, tries to pick up his things and walk away but staggers along the way.
Some men are heard laughing at him!
The incident is believed to have taken place in Clairwood in Durban, KZN.
Daily Sun’s attempts to reach the woman or the man were not successful.
The video had people buzzing on social media.
– Tsebo Marwa wrote: “This is how the revolution begins. It begins with this one courageous and fierce woman.”
- Darren de Lange said: “Good of the lady for getting her money.”
- Sibanda Sboe wrote: “Nothing for mahala, madala.”
- Jonah Babayosaid: “She deserves a tip for all of this, including the collection fee.”
- Solwazi Pohlo said: “This is sad. It’s a reminder of the pain our sisters endure to put food on the table.”