Two Mitchells Plain mothers are angry after their sons, one of them disabled, was allegedly assaulted,  while in police custody.

“They hit my son with his own crutches. He suffers from spinal problems. We spoke to the captain and the colonel, but those people are so rude,” the mother Jubeiga Hendricks complains bitterly following the release of disabled son Naziem Hendricks on Sunday.“I had enough of the police’s brutality and verbal abuse. Enough is enough.” she said

Naziem and Roman was arrested  last Wednesday when cops arrived to break up a gang fight in Waterval Road, Tafelsig. Roman’s mom explained.

“Last week the Fancy Boys came to shoot here on the Junior Mafias. When they came here, police shouted to everyone, including children: ‘Lê plat julle * ***ers’. (Lay flat, you f***ers)

“People got angry because police were showing their anger towards the wrong people, not the gangsters.

“They started arguing with them and rubber bullets were then shot.

“They took my son and his friend. They were beaten. We couldn’t even go visit them at the police station.

“I didn’t even know my child was in hospital lying under three drips. That’s how he was beaten. Sy oog was amper uit (His eye was almost taken Out). They messed him up.

“I wanted to lay charges against those officers, but police did not want to take our case.

“At the police station one officer told us: ‘Ons is f***** met julle te doen nie, julle kan vrek gaan’ (We have f*** all to do with you, you can die),” an angry Fatiema says his son receives   “daily beatings” since last Wednesday when he was arrested.

Although Lieutenant-Colonel André Traut the mouthpiece of the police said it was a serious alligation against the the SAPS members and would be seriously touched light and advice the women to see the managements of the Police Station.

“Serious allegations are made against SAPS, which will require an investigation. Kindly encourage the person who made these allegations to approach the management of Lentegeur Police Station, or any other police station to report the alleged assault.

“Alternatively, the complainant can report the matter to Ipid for an investigation,” Traut said.