It is true that medication save and improve lives but it’s side effects can’t be ignored.
Healthylifevision has revealed list of drugs that cause kidney damage, but the one we have for you lists the top ten kidney-damaging medications divided into categories.
– Vancomycin, sulfonamides, ciprofloxacin and methicillin.
– Acetaminophen, aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen.
08. COX-2 inhibitors.
– Celecoxib (brand name Celebrex), valdecoxib (brand name Bextra), rofecoxib (brand name Vioxx). These medications are a special type of NSAIDs that were meant to be safer for the stomach, but are damaging your kidneys when taken.
07. Heartburn medications
– Omeprazole (Prilosec), pantoprazole (Protonix), raberprazol (Rabecid), esomeprazole (Nexium), lansoprazole (Prevacid).
06. Antiviral drugs
– Acyclovir, tenofovir and indinavir.
05. High blood pressure medications
– Captopril (Capoten).
04. Rheumatoid arthritis drugs
– Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, infliximab (Remicade).
03. Bipolar disorder medications
– Phenytoin (Dilantin), trimethadione (Tridione).
01. Chemotherapy drugs
– Mitomycin C, cyclosporine, tacrolimus, interferons, pamidronate, cisplatin, bevacizumab, quinine as well as propylthiouracil which is used to treat overactive thyroid.
For over the counter drugs, be sure to observe the precautions on the labels. Always consult your doctor before you take a medicine especially if you have risk factors for kidney problems.