Pres. Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma’s salary surpasses heads of state from countries far more developed and wealthier than South Africa.
According to a list compiled by CNN, President Jacob Zuma is among the highest-paid leaders in the world. Of the 12 leaders on the broadcaster’s survey list, Zuma takes the fourth spot, with a staggering salary of R2,72 million annually.
Zuma takes home more moola than Britain’s Prime Minister David Cameron, Japan’s President Shinzō Abe, France President François Hollande and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Zuma earns about R100 000 more than United Kingdom’s Prime Minister Theresa May and about R250 000 more than Japan’s Shinzo Abe.
Here is a list of top 12 highest paid leaders’ salaries :
12. Xi Jinping (China) – (R267 520).
11. Pranab Mukherjee (India) – (R368 448)
10. Michel Temer (Brazil) – (R1,4 million)
9. Sergio Mattarella (Italy) – (R1,5 million)
8. Vladimir Putin (Russia) – (R1,7 million)
7. Francois Hollande (France) – (R2,4 million)
6. Shinzo Abe (Japan) – (R2,5 million)
5.Theresa May (United Kingdom) – (R2,6 million)
4. Jacob Zuma (South Africa) – (R2,7 million)
3.Joachim Gauck (Germany) – (R2,9 million)
2. Justin Trudeau (Canada) – (R3,2 million)
1. Donald Trump (United States) – R5 million.
The US president is the highest paid Head of State in the World. He took office on January 20th but at the end of the his annual salary will be R5 million.