People living in South Africa can now apply for Indian visas of various categories at the VFS Global Visa Application Centres at Johannesburg, Durban, and Cape Town.
Indian nationals or non-Resident Indians (NRIs) in South Africa can also apply for Indian passport and some consular services at the three centres.
SA is the first country on the African continent where VFS Global has commenced visa processing services on behalf of the Government of India. VFS Global has been serving the government of India since 2007 and currently offers visa and some consular services to Indian Missions in 10 countries (including South Africa) through a total of 43 centres.
India has become a popular destination amongst residents of South Africa, not just for commonly sought categories like business, tourism, and education, but also for medical treatment, journalism or research. VFS Global is responsible only for accepting and processing applications for Indian visas from applicants living in South Africa. All applications will continue to be assessed and adjudicated by the Consulate General of India in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town.
Commenting on the beginning of operations in South Africa, Mr Jiten Vyas, COO – Africa, VFS Global, said, “I am pleased to announce extension of our association with the government of India with the launch of passport, visa and some consular services in South Africa. India was the first country where VFS Global set up its operations almost 15 years ago.
“The long-standing relationship we share with the government of India reflects their faith in our abilities and efficiencies proven over the years. As travel between the two countries grows, we are confident of providing world-class services that will only enhance the experiences of travellers to and from India and South Africa.”
The key features of the centres include:
* Conveniently located and easily accessible visa application centres
* Longer operating hours allowing applicants to visit at a time of their convenience
* Convenient and spacious waiting areas with modern facilities
* Professional and responsive staff dedicated to handle visa queries and applications
* Dedicated website for easy access to information including visa categories, requirements, checklist and applicable fees
* Dedicated call centres and email support to answer queries and status of application
* 100 percent secure handling of passports, documents and personal information
* Tracking of application status