Herman Mashaba is a South African entrepreneur, politician and Mayor of Johannesburg. He is the founder of the hair products company Black Like Me.
On August 22, 2016, Mashaba was sworn in as a Johannesburg City Councillor. Later that day, he was sworn in as the Mayor of Johannesburg, the first non-ANC Johannesburg mayor since 1994. Ever since then, he has made some appointments.
“This team is made up of doctors, a professor, and community development activists that have deep love for Johannesburg, people who have passion for development and people that want what’s best for our city,” Mashaba said.
“In public safety portfolio, I selected councillor [Michael] Sun, an admitted attorney who understands the law and is passionate about public safety and justice, and was also the MMC for Public Safety for the past five years.
“In health a social development, I’ve appointed a trained medical doctor with vast experience across the medical sector,” Mashaba said. “In Environment and Infrastructure Service, I’ve appointed a former managing director of Johannesburg Water, someone who has consulted widely across utilities.”
Here is a list of the MMC:
9. Dr Rabelani Dagada – Finance
8. Dr Valencia Khumalo – Corporate Service
7. Anthony William Still – Environment And Infrastructure Services
6. Michael Sun – Public Safety
5. Sharon Peetz – Economic Development
4. Richard Funzella Ngobeni – Development Planning
3. Mzobanzi Ntuli – Housing
2. Nonhlanhla Helen Mukhuba – Transport
1. Dr Mpho Phalatse – Health and Social Development