Thulisile Nomkhosi “Thuli” Madonsela (born 28 September 1962) is a South African advocate and served as the Public Protector of South Africa from 19 October 2009 to 14 October 2016.
Here are top Ten things you probably didn’t know about her.
10. Madonsela’s most anticipated investigation are the upgrade of Pres. Zuma’s Nkandla home and the government task team which probed the Gupta cases.
09. She graduated with BA in Law from the University of Swaziland in 1987, and an LLB from the university of the Witwatersrand in 1990.
08. She was a member of the team which drafted the final constitution of South Africa promulgated by then President Nelson Mandela in 1996.
07. H er passion for Law and Justice were ignited when she was growing up during the 1970’s era when she witnessed some of her family members hiding from the police because they didn’t have their passes.
06. She has two children; Wantu and Wenzile. Her kids are her source of strength and peace.
05. Her favourite book in the Bible is the proverbs and her favourite verse is Jeremiah 29 verse 11.
04. She was never married to her late partner as she never believed in getting married.
03. She intends to write a book her experience as SA public protector.
02. She was part of the 2011 Real Magazine 100 Most Influential Women in SA.
01. As strong as she seems to be, she cries on her job sometimes.