Economic Freedom Fighters commander in chief, Julius Malema is someone most South Africans take very serious when ever he makes his revelations about the ANC.
We are not sure if this will come to pass or to believe him but this is Malema’s view on who might just be ANC president.
Malema claims to have inside knowledge on how the African National Congress Women’s League (ANCWL) made a U-turn on its preferred female presidential candidate.
Malema gave his take on why the party decided to dump Speaker of Parliament, Baleka Mbete in favour of Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma.
The ANC president, automatically becomes the ANC Presidential candidate come 2019 which is the bigger price.
The EFF CIC, speaking in Joburg on Tuesday, claimed the league had been bought and claimed that Mbete was sold a dream. He said he was trying to make sense of what happened.
This is his take on the matter.
- The cows didn’t work: These people go and tell Baleka that you’re going to be a president, then she goes and slaughters cows. Boom, they change, they say they want Nkosazana for president.
- It’s the EFF: They don’t go back to tell Baleka that there is a change of heart. I asked because I know some of them. What changed in between, they say Baleka was discredited and the EFF had finished her. She was not going to be a sellable candidate.
- It’s the Guptas: There is no political justification from the women’s league why they changed from Baleka to Nkosazana. The only logical explanation will be that they were bought by the Guptas. Nkosazana works with the Guptas. In the evidence we gave the Public Protector we gave evidence of Nkosazana frequenting the Guptas’ house. Nkosazana went to accept Gupta money in full view of all of you when she accepted that non-existing award, the person of the year.
- It’s money: The women’s league’s change of heart is money. They must write a political document explaining why they moved from Baleka to Nkosazana. The absence of reason can only be money.
- It’s Mbete’s bad luck: What a terrible thing they did to Baleka. They even told her to leave the position of former deputy president. She is in trouble, a former deputy president status which was permanent with salary and protection.
- She took the wrong job: Firstly (President Jacob) Zuma promised her she would be deputy and then he made Cyril (Ramaphosa) deputy. They said go be a speaker and we will work on this thing and you will be a president. By accepting speaker she lost all those benefits.
- It’s Zuma’s fault: She was misled by Zuma, she was used by Zuma. That’s what we say when we talk about using. There is no other way of putting it, it’s the truth. You are not going to hide the truth in the name of non-existent feminism. The truth must be told to everyone.
During the State Of The Nation Address where the EFF were evicted from parliament, Malema attacked Mbete; calling her ”Irrational, Incompetent and Partisan.”
Malema said Mbete is now looking for a different ticket to get to the helm of the organisation, and claimed she is now trying to work with Mpumalanga chairperson David Mabuza to get to Luthuli House, the ANC headquarters.