The ANC has reportedly denied the reports that it did receive R80m from the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA) and called for the prosecution of people who received the money.

“The ANC has not received any money from Prasa.  Whoever took the R80m‚ it never arrived here. The ANC has never received the R80m‚” ANC secretary general Gwede Mantashe said at the end of the party’s national working committee meeting on Tuesday.

The organisation was reacting to reports last week where Prasa chairman Popo Molefe had alleged that the supplier of Prasa’s Afro 4000 locomotives paid R80m to entities which were not creditors of the company after an Angolan businesswoman had insisted that 10% of the tender’s value be paid to the ANC.

Mantashe said if there was any R80m that left Prasa‚ this must be investigated and whoever received that money should be prosecuted.

“Unless we do that‚ corruption will be committed in the name of the organisation and our view is that it is this … use of the name of the organisation for individual benefit that drags the organisation through the mud‚” Mantashe said