Not much is known about National Director of Public Prosecutions Shaun Abrahams.
We bring you a few things you probably didn’t know about him.
10. His favourite movie is Gladiator.
9. He reads a lot, but hasn’t had a chance to read a novel since his appointment
8. He has four favorite cases. He said Gordhan would face fraud charges related to the early retirement and re-employment of former SARS deputy commissioner Ivan Pillay. He also singled out cases against the men who tried to assassinate exiled former Rwandan general Faustin Kayumba Nyamwasa, the case against convicted Nigerian terrorist Henry Okah, and the case against the Phalaborwa terrorists who tried to bomb ANC leaders’ homes.
7. His nickname in school was “Pikkewyntjie” (Penguin) The name came from his mother because of the way he used to walk as a baby.
6. He has four siblings, three brothers, Neil, Kelvin and Vincent, and a sister, Lynn.
5. His favourite meals is tripe curry and his mother always makes that for him.
4. He attended Woodlands Primary School and Haythorne High Pietermaritzburg.
3. According to his mother, he is not that academic, all he did in school was play rugby. His mother said she battled to get Abrahams to study. He played flyhalf for the Young Lions and Collegians rugby clubs in Pietermaritzburg.
2. He prosecuted his first case in 1997, when he was 21.
1. He was encouraged to study Law by the late attorney general of KwaZulu-Natal, Tim McNally.study law.