15 minutes before Karabo Mokoena was murdered and set alight, a lot of things transpired. She was allegedly murdered by her boy friend Sandile Mantsoe.
Below are things that happened.
10. The couple left the club together that night. She was never seen alive again.
9. Karabo’s body was found in a patch of veld in Bramley, Johannesburg, two days later by a passer-by who at first thought the body was a burnt mannequin.
8. She was necklaced and had acid poured over her body. She was burnt beyond recognition.
7. The 22-year-old’s death has sparked national outrage and made international news following the arrest of her boyfriend. Twenty-seven-year-old Sandile Mantsoe has been charged with premeditated murder and defeating the ends of justice.
6. Police sources said Mantsoe, a forex trader, claimed he left Karabo in the apartment after their argument and upon his return found his girlfriend of seven months dead.
5. He is said to have told police how he disposed of her body later.
4. CCTV footage from Mantsoe’s apartment, seen by her family, shows Karabo and Mantsoe arriving at the flat after 1am. Shortly thereafter Mantsoe leaves the apartment in different clothes.
3. He comes back to the house and then leaves again. He returns with a bin. The footage shows Mantsoe and two other women leaving the house with plastic bags that seem to be filled with sheets. Mantsoe leaves the house with the body at around 2pm.
2. Murder accused Sandile Mantsoe is a relation of Julius Malema and the EFF leader blames these people for her death.
1. Karabo’s father, Thabang Mokoena, fought back tears as he told of the conversation he had with his daughter’s boyfriend the day after she went missing.