The Mayor, members of the mayoral committee, the city manager , executives responsible for departments and municipal-owned entities have taken resolutions on how to bring the city to the nest level. This took place at a four-day session held at the Joburg Theatre last week.
The sessions were held to help the new political leadership understand what is required to speed up service delivery to residents, said mayor Herman Mashaba.
Ten-point plan that was agreed on are as follows ;
1. An economic growth rate of 5% for the City of Joburg.
2. Keeping clinics open for extended hours.
3. Elimination of corruption.
4. Revive the inner city to bring tourists back to the city.
5. Recognised political and administrative leadership.
The mayor said “Those are precondition for success”. For us to ensure that services get to the intended people, Our plans must be bold and ambitious. Our implementation must match that boldness. Joburg residents have waited for far too long for decent provision of services. We can’t make them wait any longer,” he concluded.